Wednesday, October 5, 2011


Artists, heads up on this scam from a notorious New York vanity gallery:


Dear Nicole Bourgea,
I came across your website nicolebourgea.com while I was doing research online. I wanted to take a minute to introduce you to our gallery.
Agora Gallery has been in business since 1984 and is located in the heart of New York’s famous art district, Chelsea. A well-established gallery, we provide promotional services to talented artists such as yourself, for which we charge an annual promotional fee.

For more information about gallery representation and our services, or to submit your portfolio for review, please visit http://www.agora-gallery.com/artistinfo/gallery_representation.aspx .
I would be happy to answer any questions. You can reach me at 212-226-4151 or alexandra@agora-gallery.com.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Kind regards,


Alexandra Cespedes
Gallery Assistant / Agora Gallery
http://www.Agora-Gallery.com

Alexandra@Agora-Gallery.com
Phone: 212.226.4151
Fax: 212.966.4380


 I received this email today, and while it may go without saying, this is clearly NOT a legitimate path to success. There is no reason to sell your work through galleries charging thousands of dollars on top of commission just to exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...